Our objective of establishing Hostels within the Campus is to provide students “a
Home away from Home”, wherein they can feel at ease
and put in their best efforts for acquiring 'A'ttitude, 'S'kill
sets and 'K'nowledge, towards life. We strongly believe in this
formula for life
viz., “ASK”. The Hostel Environment certainly provides
self-confidence, instills discipline in the minds of students and also provides
developing their ideals for harmonious and communal living without Nostalgia; these
attributes enable them to share the joys of
camaraderie, friendship/ fellowship and professional fraternity; senior students
have been trained to be more responsible and thus set
good examples for the juniors. Every one should uphold dignity, selfrespect and
reputation of every other student and of the Alma-Mater.
'Self-help', 'Accommodating Intelligence' and 'Team spirit' for the common good
are the virtues expected from senior students as well as
INFRASTRUCTURE AND FACILITIES
- There are three Hostels for 'Girls' and two for 'Boys'; The Hostels for 'Girls'
and for 'Boys' are exclusive and well segregated geographically, keeping in view
our tradition, culture and heritage values.
- The Hostels have necessary Infrastructure and Facilities with separate modern kitchens,
Dining Halls and Services.
- The Hostels have provisions for hot water round the clock, through solar heaters.
- There are separate study Halls in addition to well established central Libraries
of the respective Institutions at the Campus.
- Department stores are available separately for 'Boys' and for 'Girls', in the Campus
to serve/ meet the day-to-day needs of Hosteller.
- Support facilities such as Food Courts, Canteens, DTP, Bank/ ATM, Internet, Telecom
center, Super market, Sports, Entertainment/ Recreation, Halls for Gym and Yoga
are available. 'Post Office' is also located at nearby place.
- Internet Centre is available separately for Boys and for Girls – well within
the Hostel Premises.
- There is a well established SRM Specialty Hospital (150 Beds) functioning round
the clock, within the Campus. 'Free treatment' is provided for the Students, Staff
and the Public.
- Institution wise orientation: Floors/ Rooms in each of the Hostels are administratively
so earmarked for allotment of Rooms by the respective Head of the Institution.
Morning Tea 6.30 am to
am to 7.45 am
am to 12.55 pm (SRMU)
to 1.15 pm (EEC)
Evening Tea 3.45 pm to
pm to 8.15 pm
HOSTEL ADMINISTRATION, COORDINATION AND MANAGEMENT:
Principal (Easwari Engineering College)/ VP (SRM University) are in their capacity
as the Head of the Institutions, the Chief Wardens of the Respective Hostels (Both
for Boys and for Girls).
- Hostel facility is however being provided primarily for outstation students. Local
students are also considered on merits and based on availability of Rooms.
- In the interest of total and true Development of the students, they are advised
to continue to stay in the Hostels during the entire course period (all the years).
This stipulation is compulsory and the Students/
- Parents are to give a clear Undertaking to this effect at the time of (Hostel)
Admission itself. This is however subject to Annual Review by Chief Warden concerned
and his decision shall be final w.r.t continuance in the Hostels or otherwise.
- Application for new admission to the Hostel, should be made in the prescribed form
-which can be had from the respective Manager of the Main office of the College
concerned, on payment of Rs.100/
- he filled in “Application Form”, along with the particulars, declaration
and “Undertaking” should be submitted to the respective Head of Institution
through the respective Manager of the Institution concerned.
- n submission of Application form and undertaking, Principal/ VP (SRMU) will authorize
the Manager of the Institution concerned, to accept the payment (for Rent).
- ACCOUNTANT Thanthai Periyar Institute of tech shall centrally collect the Fees for
all the 3 Institutions, in the Campus (only DDs)