The Central library
Our Library is a paradise for those who have a passion for reading Books and enthusiasm
for widening their knowledge base in depth and extent.
Library is spread over 2 storeys (mezzanine Type floors) and is housed in the P.G.
Block. The library has an area of 2000 sq.m. of built-up Facilities. Strength of
Library and Services provided in the Library include:
- Fully computerized working Systems.
- 16816 Titles and 62403 Volumes (availability exceeds AICTE Guidelines).
- 224 Indian/ Foreign Journals / Magazines
- 803 Online Journals from IEEE, Springer link and ASME.
Facilities to receive Anna University Training Development and Communication Channel
(AUTDCC) through EDUSAT: for special lectures by Experts
- Lending, Reference and Reprographic facilities
- Study halls with a capacity for 300 students/ Faculty
- 2 air-conditioned Audio and Video Halls
- Internet browsing
- CD Library, CD ROMs, CD writing and Scanning
Dedicated Areas for PG Students, Project Work and air-conditioned room for Staff.
Institutional Memberships: British Council Library, IIT (Madras) Library and the
Centre for University Industry Collaboration/ Anna University, Madras Management
Association, MALIBNET, DELNET Individual Membership: Library membership is compulsory
for staff and students. All members are expected to follow the 'Regulations' as
Regulations for Use of Library
- One should realize 'the power of silence' in the Library and make it an Abode for
Academic pursuit and for dissemination of knowledge.
- Members should produce their Identity card at the Entrance/ while borrowing books/
and whenever so demanded by Security Personnel/ Faculty.
- Members should 'sign in' the Gate Register/ Scan Id card in the Computer kept at
- On no account personal books, files, lab coat / apron and articles will be allowed
inside. (Such items are to be handed over to the security in charges in the personal
Bag section at the Entrance)